Saturday, May 2, 2020

On Writing So Far

When recommending Stephen King's book "On Writing," I would recommend this to anyone who is interested in writing or Stephen King's life and how he goes on to write his books. 
He begins with a bit of his backstory which can be either funny, interesting, or depressing. One example I found interesting was when he had an alcoholic addition and he was shocked when he was comparing himself to a character from "The Shining." Another story is what he uses as inspiration for his story "Carrie." He talks about two people named Sondra and Dodie. The stories for these two people are quite depressing but it shows how they influenced Stephen King's story.
After explaining his backstory, he will give writing advice like the toolbox. My favorite pieces of advice were finding your own room and door to close and to write 1000 words per day while taking a day off for starters. Finding your own room to focus on writing is, well, good to focus on writing. And finding a door to close tells your brain that you mean business and nothing is gonna distract you from writing.
Another good piece of advice he gives is reading. The reason for reading is to learn other writer's strategies so you can develop your own writing strategy.
So to conclude, I was a little turned off at the beginning because of its language and it's quite depressing. But as I continued, it became quite interesting and educational. It's worth the read.
Now let's see what room to choose...

Photo Story Assignment: The Process of Walmart Online Pickup

 So during my Fall term. It has been quite difficult to take pictures due to my schedule with work. So I decided to take pictures of my work...