Saturday, April 18, 2020

Thoughts on the book "On Writing" by Stephen King

My favorite part of the book so far is probably chapter 17 when Stephen's brother, Dave, started a newspaper called Dave's Rag. The reason I like this section may or may not because of the "Dave's Joke and Humor" part where he makes a few puns. I like comedy as you can see. My favorite quote, however, is a bit later in section 20. When the editor of Lisbon's weekly newspaper, John Gould, did some corrections to Stephen King's article while also giving a bit of advice. One of the pieces of advice was this, "Write with the door closed, rewrite with the door open." I really like this quote mainly because I don't think I ever thought of it that way. To first write like you are the only one reading it and then rewriting it for everyone else to read it is something I should really consider trying out sometime. So far, "On Writing" is a pretty interesting book. But honestly, the more I read it though, the more I feel quite sorry for the author's childhood. More or less because his parents had a divorce.

Photo Story Assignment: The Process of Walmart Online Pickup

 So during my Fall term. It has been quite difficult to take pictures due to my schedule with work. So I decided to take pictures of my work...