Sunday, October 18, 2020

Around Town: Moringstar Grange Haunted House

 It was Week 2 of Photojournalism and I was supposed to take photos for my Around Town project. I attempted to do it on Wednesday afternoon to no avail. It was my one chance during the week to wander around town to find something that struck me as perfect for a photo due to work. On Friday, my teacher suggested to find an event near my area and low and behold an event taking place in a barn happened to begin the day afterward. So after work, I looked again at the event website where I found it...

I couldn't find it. 

I started to panic. Where was I supposed to go now to take a picture? I was getting desperate.

And desperate times...call for desperate measures.

I found an event for a haunted house and decided to investigate. I arrived at the Morningstar Grange Haunted House and managed to get all the photos I needed while waiting for my turn to enter as well as a tiny bit of info behind it. 




Overall Image

The Morningstar Grange Haunted House began about 16 years ago and only included the second floor. Seven years later, the first floor was added thanks to its growing popularity.










Medium Image
Due to COVID-19, the team was worried they wouldn't be able to do the haunted house this year. Fortunately, with the restrictions, they may have 35 people (including actors) in the house. 













Closeup Image of a Crazy Clown Played by Nick

Each year has a theme. This year was a celebration of Jeepers Creepers. The Haunted House is a charity event and will be benefiting local food banks as well as the Morningstar Grange.



Address: Morningstar Grange38794 Morningstar Rd NE
Albany, OR 97321

Price: $5 per person

When: Oct. 16, 17, 23, 24 & 30: 7pm - 12am
Oct. 18 & 25: 7pm - 9pm
Oct. 31: 7 - 12am

Photo Story Assignment: The Process of Walmart Online Pickup

 So during my Fall term. It has been quite difficult to take pictures due to my schedule with work. So I decided to take pictures of my work...